TBB Mission: To Entertain, Educate and Inspire. Aim to at least do one well!
If you like what you see here, please let others know by passing them a link to my blog, thank you!
Eye & Pen’s latest travel photographs. Woooooow!
PCH to Monterey. By Lenticular Travel. Ok, I knew Monterey is nice but this posts makes me want to visit it…tomorrow! Love the bird pictures!
Travel Twitter Handles to Follow. Fantastic Twitter resource list! By Johnny Jet
Another list. The Top 100 Travel Blogs.
Per Randy Petersen’s editorial on Inside Flyer (September 2013), Award Wallet paid only $5,000 to American Airlines to get them back on their system! This number is shockingly low!
You know You’re a Miles/Points Blogger. By Points Summary. Hilarious list, made me smile a lot and I am certain you will too! I picked a few gems:
12. You want your readers to click on your affiliate links [hey, not all! At least not yet lol]
14. Very few comments on a blog post leads to depression [no problemo aqui senor, high five!]
22. You go to FTU and Chicago Seminars just to have a presence and promote your blog [Yeah, really. I am starting to wonder if I belong now 😉 ]
36. You complain about the WiFi just to avoid the resort fee [ok, now we are talking…maybe I do belong!]
37. You love it when an award ticket gets mis-coded as a revenue flight, thus earning you miles [ I know some bloggers who probalby have an instant orgasm when this happens!]
40. You lift off mileage runs on Flyertalk and re-blog them [Lol, and deals too!]
41. You know the angries on TBB [ Mega lol here, I was on the floor beside myself. Hey, can I get a backlink? Help me get them affiliate links Bro? Where will I find such entertainment if TBB folds???]
44. You constantly monitor your Alexa score [ I do, I do mostly because following the Google Analytics stuff is just not user friendly! Maybe I do belong in this group afterall. TBB is about to go under 200,000 in the world ranking. Anyone wants to buy a banner ad…please? 🙂 ]
Major devaluation on the Hyatt Stay Certificates per Loyalty Lobby. And Loyalty Traveler has gone through all of the hotels in a series of posts and pretty much confirming that this is no longer a deal!
Travel With Grant has a helpful post on “How to Sell your First Ebay Item” . I must admit I have never ever sold anything on Ebay. I think I bought a few things on it. It’s like a whole different planet over there. This may help someone get started. I have a record LP collection in the basement it is probably worth some major bucks now. I should check on it to make sure their condition is still okay.
I had some weird things happen to me but my hotel (in Barrow, Alaska of all places!) burning to the ground the night before I arrive is not it! It happened to Heels First Travel who blogged about it “On Top of the World and no Place to Stay“. I am waiting for such a sign from God what to do with TBB 🙂
ON MY MIND
It is frustrating to make a comment and not see it posted. And then you come back to it hours later and see other comments posted after yours. Not sure if First2Board platform eats comments, goes to Spam folders, or some bloggers just censor. Anyways, we are all busy. Maybe it was something I said. Oh well…Not going to worry about it. I like my comments section: Wide open and free for people to express themselves!
ODDZ & ENDZ
60 Awe-Inspiring Black and White Photographs. By Seriously for Real? Awe-inspiring is most likely an understatement!
Ansel Adams’ Interment Camp Photos. Chilling photos of the Manzanar War Relocation camp. About 110,000 Japanese Americans were forced to live in internment camps, something not particularly proud for the history of this country.
Deals We Like popped out Parts 7 and 8 in the SPG series. Three more to go!
Milevalue just goes on selling cards. And this used to be one of my favorite blogs. Oh wait, FTG (the blog) used to be too. I don’t bother anymore, I just shake my head.
The Points Guy decides to answer reader’s question: “Is It Worth Getting the Starwood Amex When I Already Have the Amex Platinum Card?” Really, what a coincidence? And dishing out the Bluebird affiliate link too. And third post of the day answering “What credit card should you use with Uber?” Ouch man, take it easy, have mercy on us. This is like a gigantic credit card carpet bombing going on! And, as always, not a word in the body of the post about, you know, some of these links compensate very well.
Delta Points continued with his Fireside Chat interviews. Well, the first one was with Randy Petersen who had some interesting things to say. This one was with Fly Gracefully who is actually a real travel blogger and has a great Ethics policy. So, instead of learning something new, we have to suffer through some fantastically boring questions. And do those happen next to a fireplace or just spend a few minutes to cut and paste by email? Or Skype? Of course, no disclosures. Zzzzzzz.