Another TBB post with the final edition of the Best of Year lists. In this edition I focus exclusively on the best material I found covering the Finance Investing and Markets landscape. So, enjoy learning about some of the lessons we learned from yet another crazy year in the markets, what the ETFs did, look at some amazing charts, warn you about rug pulls in the crypto land, look at the performance returns of the asset classes and more!
TBB Blog Mission: To Educate. Entertain. Inspire. In That Order!
Support TBB by applying for CREDIT CARDS or visiting our LINKS or Donate
You like my blog? Send a link to someone please!
Every year around the holidays I blog about annual best of year lists I find. When I get to ten of them I post. So, keep coming back or enter your email address and click “SUBSCRIBE” on the right so you never miss a post!
I hope there is something in here for you to learn.
The Biggest Threat to Trust in Cryptocurrency: Rug Pulls Put 2021 Scam Revenue Close to All-time Highs
Some stats that stood out:
- Retail sales surged 22% above pre-Covid levels in the fifteen months from the start of the pandemic. The three stimulus payments were the primary reason for this.
- Inflation started the year at 1.8% and ended at 6.8%.
- Number of job openings exceeds number of unemployed people by 4.2 million.
- Another all time high is the percentage of workers who are quitting their jobs: 3%.
- Highest number of daily closing record highs in the S&P 500 was 77 in 1995. Second highest was in 2021 with 70.
- US National Debt at the end of 2021 stood at $29.6 trillion.
Expect more surprises again in 2022!
HOT CREDIT CARD OFFERS: 100k Capital One Venture X Rewards, 75k CHASE Ink Cash, 75k CHASE Ink Unlimited, 100k CHASE Ink Business Preferred, 50k CHASE Sapphire Reserve, 20k CHASE Freedom Flex, 60k CHASE United Explorer, 60k BANK OF AMERICA Alaska Airlines Business, and many more, including many AmericanExpress cards, including Delta, Marriott and Hilton cards! Please check out my Affiliate links. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
If you do not see a credit card with my affiliate links, perhaps I could refer you? Contact me!
Follow TBB on Twitter @FlyerTalkerinA2.
You can subscribe to TBB below, winners only!
Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.