We bring you the Best of Web: Twitter History, Epidemic Faces, Anger, Body Trade, Nature Photos. High on education today. Freeeeeeeee!
TBB Blog Mission: To Entertain. Educate. Inspire. In That Order!
You can support TBB by applying for CREDIT CARDS, shopping with our AMAZON AFFILIATE LINK & clicking our REFERRAL LINKS. Thank you!
As always, click on the headline to be taken to the original source. Sometimes I insert my incendiary comments on article excerpts between [brackets].
If you enjoy my blog, please pass it on to someone you care about so they can enjoy it too. If you don’t enjoy it and still read or troll the comments, you have issues, please seek help.
Thanks to all readers who have been supporting the site with your credit card, Amazon shopping and donation clicks, greatly appreciated.
Support good blogging practices with your clicks!
This is a must read. Like all of the links I feature in my “Best of Web” series of posts. And it is also a great post to learn what Twitter is all about, how it started and how it has developed and how Trump took advantage of it and…
At the height of the financial crisis, I looked around to see what I can do to get the best bang for my buck, so to speak, to catch on the social media wave. I decided to pick Twitter and have become a heavy user of it ever since. I did not regret it. But…you need to learn how not to get drowned in the shit navigating it!
These are gut wrenching images of the opioid epidemic in one county in Ohio. That first image of a son being carried out dead from a home with family and others around it is haunting, you have been warned!
As I get older I get more calm about, well, everything. The article takes a deeper dive into the whole anger management thing. And comes with some great advice:
- Engage in preemptive meditation: think about what situations trigger your anger, and decide ahead of time how to deal with them.
- Check anger as soon as you feel its symptoms. Don’t wait, or it will get out of control.
- Associate with serene people, as much as possible; avoid irritable or angry ones. Moods are infective.
- Play a musical instrument, or purposefully engage in whatever activity relaxes your mind. A relaxed mind does not get angry.
- Seek environments with pleasing, not irritating, colours. Manipulating external circumstances actually has an effect on our moods.
- Don’t engage in discussions when you are tired, you will be more prone to irritation, which can then escalate into anger.
- Don’t start discussions when you are thirsty or hungry, for the same reason.
- Deploy self-deprecating humour, our main weapon against the unpredictability of the Universe, and the predictable nastiness of some of our fellow human beings.
- Practise cognitive distancing – what Seneca calls ‘delaying’ your response – by going for a walk, or retire to the bathroom, anything that will allow you a breather from a tense situation.
- Change your body to change your mind: deliberately slow down your steps, lower the tone of your voice, impose on your body the demeanour of a calm person.
I had absolutely no idea how much money is in the body donation field. If you thought you just gave your body to science, you will be sadly mistaken. Some of the things the people in this business do with them is just super wild, I could never have imagined it to be this way, wow! And, again, the poor are targeted because they do not have the money to pay for a decent funeral. Just a VERY sad state of affairs. I bet you didn’t know about this like me.
Wow to infinity!
And I leave you with this…
Follow TBB on Twitter @FlyerTalkerinA2
You can subscribe to TBB below, winners only!
Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.