This is likely to be one of the shortest blog posts ever. Is it just me or are things a bit quiet lately?
I finally saw Lincoln last night. Actually it was quite refreshing to see how votes were bought even 250 years ago, some things never change I guess! It is unbelievable that it is December 28 and still no fiscal cliff deal, it is just outrageous! I tweeted this last night: “At this point, we should deliver a bunch of medical marijuana to Capitol Hill & let them lit it all up; we may get a deal then we all like?”
The point of the blog is to review other travel blogs and bring to your attention the best content and publicly rip blog posts we felt deserved it. We type what comes into our heads. We NEVER mean harm and NEVER should take anything personally! We adore constructive criticism and you should do too! Warning: Stop pushing inferior credit card offers!
Another reason we started this blog is to entertain, educate and inspire. Sometimes we may go off the deep end and really hammer on an issue that fascinates us…See last entry below!
KIMPTON HOTELS STATUS MATCHING
Guests should email their other elite credentials (a photo or PDF is fine) to email@example.com and ask for a reciprocity status match.
All levels of Elite (above and beyond base level memberhsip) with another program will qualify for Inner Circle!
Status is good for a rolling 12 month period.
The Points Guy has two really good posts. One is how United has stopped offering access to Award Wallet, yet another airline unplugging us all. This is truly one of the worst developments of 2012. Checking AW balances has become brutal when it was such a joy! And the ridiculously horrendous customer service stories by United continue, yikes! It was also very interesting to read the comments, TPG got a bit hot in his replies. Bottom line was he got very lucky in his gamble to “mess’ with the ticket so close to departure! Still…that attitude by the United employee is inexcusable in my opinion. Yes, they do see a whole lot of inexperienced and overly entitled passengers but puuuhlease lady!
Matador Network has an amazing story “On being drugged, scammed and losing your mind in Vietnam“. First thought was holy crap, hope this never happens to me! Second thought was, how do I get a hold of this drug, talk about a mind trip (hey to readers, just joking, I am fiercely anti all drugs!)
NOT SO BEST OF
Milevalue had a very informative blog post on how to book business class tickets to Europe. I immediately reserved a spot for it in my “Best Of” category. Until I got to the end of it where he again recommends the crappy US Air credit card offer. We have repeatedly brought this issue to our readers’ attention and have shown numerous times (along with other bloggers who have a sense of justice!) that this is clearly an inferior offer to the NON affiliate offer. This is the blogger who promised he will never promote an inferior credit card offer!!!! Please call them out on it! An apology would be nice from any blogger who shamelessly promoted this inferior US Air credit card offer but that may be asking way too much…Disgusted!
ODDZ & ENDZ
This is one of the most heart warming stories I have seen. What’s the greatest thing? And why do we pay teachers so little and derivatives/swap/crapiola traders so much? Rhetorical question. Must read in my opinion.
All 91 goals by Barcelona’s Messi this year.
This is a section called Oddz & Endz for a reason! Sometimes, it may go in very wild diversions! Like now: Remember my old stories when I first started the blog about sexbots? Well, guess what? Thanks to an attentive reader (do you want a HT for this? Really?:-) )who brought this to my attention, there is an academic journal named Lovotics, kid you not! Ok, I am bored, this is really wild stuff. I wonder if you see someone with a sex doll does he call himself a Lovotics Engineer, lol! I am pasting below the “topics of interest” with my incendiary commentary in [brackets]:
Topics of interest for the scientific papers and letters include but are not limited to:
- Human-robot relationship [Is it deep?]
- Affective and cognitive sciences for interactive robots [whatever that means]
- Context awareness, expectation and intention understanding [ so pervertish!]
- Design methodologies and aesthetics of designing interactive robots
- Bio-mechatronics, neuro-robotics, and neurological aspect of Lovotics-based emotions
- Artificial emotions and emotion synthesis
- Scientific aspects of love [how about love at first sight?]
- Affective computing and emotional intelligence
- Human factors and ergonomics in human-robot interactions [ergonomics in interactions..really?]
- Intelligent control and artificial intelligence for robotics
- Knowledge representation, information acquisition, and decision making [please stop it]
- Learning, adaptation and evolution of affection and intelligence
- Interaction and collaboration between robots, humans and environments
- Multimodal perception and communication within Lovotics robots [multi? Like in orgy?]
- Ethics of Lovotics [let’s get them some affiliate links from FLEX -get it?- Offers!]
- Social acceptance and impact in the society [ you just wish!]
- Cultural implications of human-to-robot love and robot co-relations [u are a pervert face it!]
- Compliance, safety and compatibility in the design of social robots “living” with humans
- Considerations of security, safety and compatibility regarding human-robot co-inhabitants [safe words?]
- Software architecture and development tools for Lovotics [next Apple product: irobot!!!]
- Human-robot interaction and robot-robot interaction [robot-robot????WTF!!!]
- Models of human and animal social behavior as applied to robots [for pete’s sake, no animals!]
- Evaluation and measurement of love [Was it as good for you as it was for me…never mind!]
- Philosophical ramifications of love between humans and robots [It loved me!]
- Methodologies of verbal and kinetic reaction systems [dirty talk stuff]
- Tangible Interfaces for transferring affection [sounds sticky!]
- Embodiment: How robotic affection can be transferred through technological mediation [Hmm…]
- Invoking human emotions from non-human partners [Are you kidding me??????]
- Behavioral studies of human and robot behaviors