We inspire you with a call for no more war, search for laptop ban solutions, watch a video about world history and what will happen in a bear market.
TBB Blog Mission: To Entertain. Educate. Inspire. In That Order!
You can support TBB by applying for CREDIT CARDS, shopping with our AMAZON AFFILIATE LINK & clicking our REFERRAL LINKS. Thank you!
In TBBland, we like to go slower in the weekends. Get away from the miles and points madness and stuff like that…Generally stick to some material that made a hell of an impression on me and I thought I would share it with you. My main criterion, since Day Uno, has been: Does it Entertain? Educate? Or Inspire?
To get to the original article, please click on each headline!
We usually start with something educational. Or entertaining. Well, this is a link you must check out to get inspired. About humanity. Just
DO Click It! We need more men like this guy #RESPECT. I wonder what he thinks about Trump #ouch
“War makes murderers out of otherwise decent people. All wars, and all decent people.”
It appears that the laptop ban for all flights to the US from Europe is imminent. I don’t know about you but I find this hard to stomach. The article is by Consumer Reports and contains instructions on how to do encrypt it. I am amazed by the brain power of TBB readers so I am going to take this opportunity to ask for some help here. For me and others as well as I am certain that this has become a very important issue to deal with among us.
Is there an encryption system for dummies? I looked at this years ago and it was way over my head! I am no thought leader on anything you guys. Heck, even if I was I would not put this title in my bio, it’s embarrassing! So, to get back on point: Is there an encryption method that IS EASY TO USE? And FAST? And works with Dropbox too? Please let us know in the comments, thank you.
If you watch this video you will learn about the history of the world. in 20 minutes. It is a fantastic video, THIS is talent! Just brilliant Education and entertainment all rolled into one, blown away!
One of my pet peeve questions I get asked all the time is: “Is this a good time to get into the market?” I usually respond with: “I have no clue, I gave up on finding a crystal ball that works”. Or, if I am pressed to come up with a short term market prediction…I always respond with: “It will fluctuate”. And I am always right. Lol.
Anyways, I remember the dark days of 2008 and early 2009. And how far we have come since then. And another bear market will come. Nobody knows when. But when another 20% drop comes, this is what will happen per my colleague Josh Brown:
- Vanguard loses 10-15% of its AUM, an enormous outflow in a very compressed period of time as newly-minted passives realize that they’re not quite cut out to be passive after all. The pain will prove too much for many recent indexing dilettantes who thought this was easy.
- Reporters will be doing stories on the performance of the large robo-advisors and their “terrible” performance. Vanguard, Schwab, Betterment and Wealthfront will all be under the microscope.
- Paul Singer and his fund Elliot Management, which just raised $5 billion in cash in 24 hours to take advantage of a coming major dislocation, will be on everyone’s lips. They’ll be the new hedge fund It Girl.
- Buffett will once again look like a genius as he puts some of his $95 billion in cash to work.
- Some lucky doom-saying charlatan who’s been wrong about the market for 8 years will cherry-pick some of his crash comments and attempt to be the new guru of the moment. It won’t work as well as last time though because these days we have social media – we have the receipts, player.
- Many financial advisors, especially those who are mainly asset managers, will have trouble convincing clients to hang on to their portfolios. The mass disillusionment with risk assets will return faster than expected.
- Tactical strategies will come back into favor, as will the subset of liquid alts that posts the smallest drawdowns.
- Gold will rise $200 or $300 an ounce, GLD inflows will explode. TLT will be the new momentum trade.
- Trump will call for Janet Yellen’s head on Twitter, accusing the Fed of hurting the markets to influence the 2018 midterms. She will announce plans to serve out the rest of her term (til January) and then resign, if this happens before then.
- The yen will blow out to the upside vs the euro, wrecking stocks on both continents as contagion fears hit the headlines.
- Faber and Schiff will be brought back on to mainstream financial television, rescued from the web video hits they’ve been relegated to in recent years.
- The long-short hedge fund crowd will get its “I told you so” moment, their investor letters will be dripping with schadenfreude for the indexing movement.
- Ordinary investors who have not learned from history will be listening to all the worst advice, and making temporary drawdowns into permanent losses.
- Ordinary investors who are listening to the right people will stay the course, or even up their dollar cost average contributions in 401(k)s. The truly intrepid ones will raise the equity proportion of their ongoing contributions to take advantage of the situation.
- We will once again be told that buy and hold is dead. It will take the next 100% bull market from the future lows in order to resurrect the idea of indexing and passive investing. Lots of money will have been lost chasing holy grail strategies between the bottom and then.
And I leave you with this…I knew it!
Follow TBB on Twitter @FlyerTalkerinA2
You can subscribe to TBB below, winners only!
Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.