We show you how the Chase Sapphire Reserve link shows bloggers’ true colors, visit cool hotel pools, freak out at Internet porn addiction, compare the bank premium credit cards, show you how AA is preparing to screw us all, leave with some great memories from the Rio Olympics, swim at the best beaches and bring back a very busy BLOG BUZZ section again & more!
TBB Blog Mission: To Entertain. Educate. Inspire. In That Order!
Learning about the Chase Sapphire Reserve card being subject to the 5/24 restriction (not surprised!) was very deflating. Still, with the 100k signing bonus and being able to do two $300 airline credits this card is a no brainer if you can get it. This assumes you can handle it newbie, can you? Anyways, here is the most complete blog post about the Chase Sapphire Reserve card.
Well, well, well. Guess what boys and girls. The CSR affiliate link came out around 6 pm or so. And The Points Guy decided to finally tell his readers about it after keeping them in the dark up to this point. I am so angry now I am going to post my rant at the Blog Buzz below, thanks.
Okay, lets get this out of the way. I have the CSR link, you know where to find it. No pics or red arrows. Be educated and responsible with your credit and which blog you support. Thanks.
Here are all the three bank premium cards compared. Darn it Doctor of Credit, monopolizing all the links here at TBB!
Play this instant Starwood SPG game every day. Soon Marriott will put a stop to these giveaways #sad.
The day for full revenue based burning is inching closer dear readers! American Airlines Quietly Experiments With Disrupting Its Award Ticket Pricing
21 Insanely Cool Hotel Pools. I have been to the one in the W Santiago and it was way over rated!
Brazil actually did pretty good hosting the Olympics, in spite of what the media tried to do. Best Moments From the Rio Olympics.
Holy crap, internet porn addiction is real! But there is always fishing! Like in our fading hobby, there is always basket weaving!
Personal Finance: The United States of Market History Amnesia. Some excellent observations here.
- Most market corrections don’t turn into bear markets.
- Using leverage to boost investment returns often ends badly.
- The president has very little control over the global economy.
- Buying new financial products at market peaks is a poor idea.
- Bull markets last much longer than bear markets.
- Stocks are six times more likely to be up 20% than down the same amount. (Michael Batnick)
- Uncertainty is always present and it is not a wise choice to use it as an excuse not to invest.
- Stocks will do the best job of protecting future purchasing power over long periods of time.
- Investing in the fastest growing world economies will not guarantee higher investment returns.
- Most recessions haven’t turned into depressions.
- Investment costs, savings rates and time in the market are the biggest components in generating healthy investment returns.
- Factor investing won’t work for most people because of their cognitive deficiencies.
- There is a large behavior gap between total mutual fund returns and what investors actually receive.
- The great majority of mutual fund managers will underperform low-cost index funds because of costs.
- Diversification works, just not every year.
- Stocks can stay massively over- and undervalued for very long periods of time.
- Real returns after inflation are the only returns that matter.
- Stocks are in a bull market 85% of the time.
The best beaches in America. This is the only beach I came face to face with a sea turtle!
Winning Gold in the Olympics, what a feeling! Relive it 100+ times!
If you are interested to learn more about the murky world of affiliate links, this is a good post: How To Support Bloggers Without Direct Credit Card Links. We have the direct much dinero links only the biggest of the Titan blogs have them now, a whole bunch of us tiny bloggers using indirect affiliate links like creditcards.com and the newer version of indirect direct affiliate links (gives you a direct link to the credit card but goes to an intermediary). Confused yet? If not, you are really smart!
When even super nice guy Stefan at Rapid Travel Chai takes a moment to blog “Has Chase Sapphire Reserve Launched? It Depends Who You Read“.
Please take the time to read these two blog posts above, they totally fit what my blog is trying to do.
In a nutshell, let me tell summarize what happened folks.
The CSR affiliate link was not out so most blogs did the right thing and published the PUBLIC link (no $$$) so their readers can benefit (HOW IT SHOULD BE 24/7 DAMN IT!!!). Of course, some of the bigger blogs could not handle the beating I was delivering to them on Twitter and made a half ass still pumping attempt to publish the Public link while waiting for their own affiliate link to arrive. And then The Points Guy or Mr. Chase Sapphire
Preferred Reserve kept silent. As in blogging about pouches for men and air conditioners and WOW Air. Today! On the biggest launch of the best travel rewards credit card this planet has ever seen! And telling his readers to wait. I mean, if that does not get you angry are you a human? To all who write at that site, how do you sleep at night (probably soundly but hey let me rant here in my own blog okay!). WAKEUP!
If you thought the hype was nuts, this is going to take pumping to unimaginable levels!
You learned so much yesterday about who to trust and who to run away from!
All this hype is not going to end well. I don’t see the 100k bonus surviving more than a month or so and (this is totally horrific) points devaluations to come as well, it’s just a matter of time.
In the meantime the CSP card is here, slowly getting son into this. With supervision. These are life habits being formed folks, be gentle, younger generation is not like us!
And I leave you with this…
Please help bloggers you appreciate & make a positive difference in your life by spreading the word about their blogs, emailing and commenting and using their few $ links, thank you!
Follow TBB on Twitter @FlyerTalkerinA2
You can subscribe to TBB below, winners only!